There is no official textbook for the course, but I will use the
The aim of the course is to give an introduction to Fourier
Analysis and to some of its applications to PDE and Number Theory.
Possible topics included but are subject to change.
- The Fourier transform on L^1 and L^2. Plancherel's theorem.
- The Schwarz space and tempered distributions.
- Complex and real interpolation methods. The Hausdorff-Young
- The uncertainty principle. The method of stationary phase.
- The linear Schrodinger equation.
- Fourier analysis on the integer lattice. The circle method.
- Fourier transforms of integer points on varieties.
- Fourier restriction and maximal operators in the discrete
- Bourgain's polynomial ergodic theorem
The lectures are uploaded
2 Lecture 3
Lecture 9 Lecture 10-11 Lecture 12
Lecture 14-15 Lecture 16 Lecture
17 Lecture 18
Lecture 25 Lecture 26 Lecture
27 Lecture 28