Math 8100 - Fall 2020
- Instructor: Akos Magyar
- Office: Boyd 604
- Email: email@example.com
- Office hours: W: 3-4:15pm and by appointment.
- Lectures: TR 11:00-12:15, Boyd 410 and Online Via ZOOM # 971 9053 5765
- Please Register for the ZOOM meetings at:
Real Analysis, by E. M. Stein and R. Shakarchi
- Real Analysis, by G. B. Folland
- An introduction to measure theory, by Terrence Tao
aim of the course is to give an introduction to graduate level
Real Analysis and to some of its applications.
We plan to discuss material from the first 4-6 chapters of the
textbook in a relaxed manner. We may watch some additional
Topics may include but may not be limited to:
- Measure and Integration theory on Euclidean spaces
- Hilbert spaces: theory and examples
- Abstract measure theory and ergodic theory
- Hausdorff measures and Fractals
- Fourier analysis
There will be one Midterm Exam
Tuesday, October 20th
, and one Final Exam
scheduled on Tuesday, December 14th.
Exams will be open book and done online. Scheduled dates of Exams
Homeworks will be assigned bi-weekly and there
will be two weeks given to complete them.
We will leave time to discuss questions about the Homework
assignments during the Lectures and the Office Hours.
Grading Scale: A:
: 62-67 C-:
All materials will be uploaded on the Course
page for Math 8100 I Real Analysis on UGA ELC.
1 Lecture 2
Lecture 13 Lecture 14
15 Lecture 16
3 HW 4
5 HW 6
I Problem Set II
Problem Set III
Problem Set IV Problem Set V Problem Set VI Problem Set VII
Problem Set VIII